This Valentine’s Day, invite your kids to gift handmade cards to their friends with a free printable and Wikki Stix. The adorable mice craft is fun to create while giving friends a treat to eat and Wikki Stix to create with after Valentine’s Day.
- Assorted colors of Wikki Stix (including black and white for the eyes).
- Free printable heart-shaped mouse template (print here).
- Print the heart-shaped mouse templates to heavy paper (there are two Valentine’s per page – just print the number needed for your kids to create).
- Kids should cut the heart shapes out and fold each of the hearts in half (colored side facing outward).
- Seal the paper edges together by cutting small pieces of Wikki Stix and pressing between the folded heart shape.
- Kids can create eyes for the mouse craft by using cut pieces of white Wikki Stix (formed into a small tight spiral) and small black Wikki Stix balls for the centers of the eyes.
- The ears for the mouse Valentine’s Day cards are created from two tear-drop shapes. Kids can make an initial tear drop from ½ of a Wikki Stix. Additional Wikki Stix can be used inside the outline to fill-in the shape (see photo).
- If desired, kids can create a mouth, whiskers, nose, tail, or even a slice of cheese to accompany the Valentine’s Day card craft.
- Kids might also wish to leave an opening on the end of the craft to insert additional Wikki Stix fun favors, wrapped string cheese sticks, stickers, or candies before delivering to friends.
Handmade cards with Wikki Stix are fun for kids to create and give to friends on Valentine’s Day.
For more ways to use Wikki Stix throughout the month of February, please visit:
Valentine’s Day STE(A)M Building Challenge for Kids – see if your kids can create with simple materials and Wikki Stix.
Construct and Create ALL YEAR LONG with Wikki Stix – month-by-month activities for use with Wikki Stix.
Create a Valentine’s Box with Wikki Stix – what colors will your own kids use to create a special Valentine’s box?
Use the Rainy Day Wikki Stix Kit to Make Special Creations for Lincoln’s Birthday (or other celebrations)
These Valentine’s Day Mouse-themed books are fun for kids to read or listen to as they create their Wikki Stix Valentine’s Day card crafts for friends. Kids will adore the stories of love and friendship along with some delightful illustrations.