The Valentine’s Day Print, Play, and Create Activities for Preschoolers are simple, yet FUN, ways to encourage playful learning with Wikki Stix! The activities encourage number sense, fine motor skills, and basic patterning with a Valentine’s Day theme. Gather your own WIkki Stix and come play with us this Valentine’s Day!
Wikki Stix Valentine’s Day Print, Play, and Create Activities for Preschoolers!
Valentine’s Day Missing Number Activity:
- One printable Valentine’s Day Missing Numbers Mat – download here.
- Red or White Wikki Stix
- Scissors (Wikki Stix can be cut with safety scissors)
- Give each child one printable missing number mat.
- Invite the children to say the numbers on the mat to try and determine which number is missing. (For younger children, limit the numbers to 1-10 and then work with larger numbers as the children gain confidence).
- Using Wikki Stix, have the child create the missing numbers and place inside the corresponding hearts on the printable numbers mat.
- For additional numbers practice, invite kids to create ANY number they know with Wikki Stix – it’s fun to create numbers and will help kids retain number creation and recognition.
Valentine’s Day Patterning Activity:
- One printable Blank Pattern Strips – download here.
- Red and White Wikki Stix
- Give each child one printable pattern strip page.
- Invite the children to cut (or pre-cut prior to the activity) small pieces of white and red Wikki Stix to create X’s and O’s in the blank boxes (see photo).
- Children can practice basic patterns with the two colors: AB pattern (red/white/red/white), AABB pattern (red/red/white/white), ABB pattern (red/white/white/red/white/white). As the children gain confidence in basic patterning, a third color of Wikki Stix can be added to create more patterns – ABC pattern (red/white/pink/red/white/pink), ABBC pattern (red/white/white/pink/red/white/white/pink), etc.
Valentine’s Day Heart Tracing Activity:
- One printable Heart Tracing mat – download here.
- Any color(s) of Wikki Stix
- Give each child one printable heart tracing mat.
- Using Wikki Stix, invite the kids to trace the heart shapes on the page. Each heart will take approximately two red Wikki Stix. Kids can cut away any remaining length of Wikki Stix with scissors.
- To encourage fine motor skills, kids can use additional Wikki Stix to fill-in the remaining white space inside the hearts.
With Wikki Stix, kids will have fun creating, playing, and learning this Valentine’s Day! Wikki Stix are tacky and will adhere to the activity mats without the need for glue or tape. To re-use the activity mats for playful learning games, laminate the mats prior to use or cover the mats with clear contact paper.
For more ways to play and create with Wikki Stix, please visit: