If you have kids or are expecting kids to be a part of your family’s Thanksgiving festivities, Wikki Stix will keep them busy playing and creating over the holiday. While there is no wrong or right way to create with Wikki Stix, seasonal suggestions will help inspire creativity to keep kids entertained for hours. With just simple supplies, kids will be delighted to show guests all they create (while gaining fine motor skills along the way)! Gather your Wikki Stix for some fun Thanksgiving fine motor crafts and activities designed with your own kids in mind.
Thanksgiving Fine Motor Crafts and Activities for Kids with Wikki Stix!
- Pilgrim Hat Crafts with Recycled K-Cups – don’t throw those K-Cups away! Rinse and save them for kids to create fun Pilgrim hat crafts with Wikki Stix.
- Seed Bead and Wikki Stix Indian Corn Crafts – Wikki Stix is the perfect creating tool for bead crafts. Pony beads can easily be threaded onto Wikki Stix for crafts that inspire kids to use fine motor skills.
- Paper Plate “No-Glue” Fall Wreath Crafts – invite kids (and adults) to a paper plate wreath creating contest. With Wikki Stix and a few simple supplies, it’s a fun contest to get everyone creating together on Thanksgiving.
- Pumpkin Patch Crafts – older kids can read to younger ones while Thanksgiving preparations are underway. Set out empty cardboard tubes and Wikki Stix to create a pumpkin patch that doubles as a delightful centerpiece on Thanksgiving Day.
- Paper Bag Scarecrow Crafts – with just paper lunch sacks and Wikki Stix, kids can create Scarecrow crafts. Make a paper bag with supplies for each child and print the instructions in the link to add to the bags with Wikki Stix. Kids will have fun creating their very own scarecrow while awaiting the Thanksgiving feast.
- Scarecrow Emotions: Make a poster board scarecrow with a Wikki Stix scarecrow craft and a blank face. Kids can design their own faces to go on the scarecrow. Blind fold kids and gently spin them around…see if they can put the faces in the right places.
- Turkey Crafts – set out Wikki Stix and scissors for fun turkey crafts that even little crafters can create independently. Kids can create a “tech-drop” station to encourage family and friends to engage in personal interactions without the distractions of phones.
- Turkey Roll and Create – older and younger kids can play this counting and creating game in small groups or as individuals. Free printable game to play on Thanksgiving Day (or anytime throughout the holidays).
- Thanksgiving Landscape Scenes – invite kids to create any Thanksgiving scene desired with Wikki Stix – a few suggestions might be: fruits or veggies, a Tee Pee, a log fire, a Pilgrim’s table or house. With even a few ideas, kids can be inspired to create wonderful seasonal landscapes (see photo below for a landscape suggestion).
- Thanksgiving Tablescapes and Crafts – encourage kids to create Wikki Stix decorations for the Thanksgiving table. It’s easy to do and provides creative play to keep kids busy during the busy pre-holiday moments.
Wikki Stix is the perfect creating tool for seasonal Thanksgiving crafts and activities that encourage fine motor skills through construction and play. From all of us at Wikki Stix, we wish each of you and your families a blessed Thanksgiving.