It’s SUMMER! School is out for summer break and parents are trying to manage work schedules, kids’ summer schedules, and household tasks while finding a way to limit daily screen-time. Encourage kids to DISCONNECT from TECH and use their imaginations with FUN, easy, and stress-free summer activities with Wikki Stix!
Disconnect from Tech with Stress-Free Summer Activities for Kids!
Wikki Stix are strands of wax-infused yarn that never dry out or require prep time for creative PLAY! With Wikki Stix and your child’s imagination, creative summer play is mess-free, stress-free, and FUN! Try some of the simple PLAY suggestions below with Wikki Stix:
- Wikki Stix Creations – have the kids look around the house or in the backyard. What things can your own kids create with Wikki Stix? Examples might include: houses, trees, birds, bees, pets, ladybugs or other insects, stop signs, street lights, bicycles, siblings, or even Mom and Dad!
- Puppets and Play – create a shoe-box diorama with Wikki Stix or make popsicle stick puppets with Wikki Stix and put on a puppet show for adults or other kids in the neighborhood. Brainstorm a theme (castles, fairy tales, ocean, or beach) to help inspire kids to get started on a creative adventure!
- Wikki Stix Characters and Cuffs – create awesome 3-D cartoon characters, storybook characters, or make Super-hero cuffs from Wikki Stix and cardboard tubes for pretend play – cut the cardboard tube in ½ lengthwise and decorate with Wikki Stix. Make a special Super-hero cuff for Dad to wear on Father’s Day!
- Wikki Stix Masks – make paper plate masks: cut a paper plate in half and cut holes for the eyes. Kids can use their imaginations to decorate the mask anyway they wish with Wikki Stix! Use Wikki Stix to attach a craft stick to the bottom of the plate for an awesome “masquerade” type play mask.
- Wikki Stix Jewelry – make bracelets, bands, or rings with BLING! With Wikki Stix, kids can create on their own! Thread pony beads onto the Wikki Stix strands, braid the strands, and form Wikki Stix into jewelry to dazzle friends and family!
- Tiny Tots Poking Play – do you have younger kids? Clean a parmesan cheese container (the kind with holes in the top) and cut 10-20 Wikki Stix in half. Invite the kids to poke the Wikki Stix through the holes. When finished, dump them out and try again. The poking game is great play when parents need a stress-free activity to keep tiny tots busy!
- Created Leaf and Rock Critters – kids can collect leaves and/or rocks outside and use their imaginations to create pretend play nature critters with Wikki Stix.
- Create Flags or Decorations – kids can create awesome decorations for summer birthdays, BBQ’s, or the 4th of July with Wikki Stix!
- Wikki Stix Cupcake Liner Animal Crafts – set out cupcake liners and Wikki Stix for hours of animal creation FUN! Cows, Crabs, and even Cockatoos come alive with Wikki Stix!