This November, entertain kids with a free seasonal turkey craft that will keep kids busy while learning, too. The Wikki Stix roll and create a turkey counting craft is fun for kids while encouraging fine motor and math skills as kids create.
Wikki Stix Roll and Create a Turkey Counting Craft for Kids!
- Brown/Yellow/Orange/Red/White/Black Wikki Stix
- Free printable Roll a Turkey Game – download here.
- One die per child – note: the roll and create a turkey counting game can also be played in small groups. Kids can take turns rolling and creating the various turkey parts. The turkey can then be assembled as the group finishes rolling all the numbers and creating the parts for the turkey craft with Wikki Stix.
- Print the Roll a Turkey Game file (linked above) for each child playing (or one per small group of kids).
- Set out the assorted colors of Wikki Stix and scissors.
- Kids should roll one die, count the number of dots, and then create the turkey part that corresponds to the number rolled on the printable game file (if a number is rolled twice, kids keep rolling the die until a new turkey part can be created). Note: there is no wrong or right way to create each of the turkey parts with Wikki Stix. Kids will create according to their own age and abilities. Each of the turkey crafts will be unique to each child.
- When finished creating the turkey crafts, kids can make a “loop hanger” for the turkey by folding one Wikki Stix in half (leaving an open loop) and pressing the hanger firmly behind the turkey’s body. The created turkey crafts are also fun to use with a seasonal Thanksgiving counting rhyme for kids – see 5 Little Turkeys.
The roll and create a turkey counting craft is a fun and hands-on activity for kids to do on Thanksgiving or any day in November. If desired, laminate the free printable turkey counting game and it can be used over and over throughout the month.
For more ways to play and create with Wikki Stix in November, please visit: