Flower string art crafts are fun to create for kids. Each string art flower craft is unique in design and the crafts make awesome camp crafts or rainy-day crafts at home. With Wikki Stix, no-glue is necessary as Wikki Stix is tacky and will adhere to the flower craft with finger pressure only. Invite your kids to the wonders of string art with Wikki Stix.
- Two Paper Plates (per flower craft)
- Hole Punch
- Flower Template
- Assorted Colors of Wikki Stix
- Search for a flower template your own kids like online. There are many flower templates available online to choose from.
- Print the template to heavy paper and cut the flower out.
- Trace the template onto both paper plates and cut out the flowers. Note: kids can also draw their own flower on the paper plate if desired. Note: If kids are drawing their own flower, cut out both paper plates at the same time so the flower templates match.
- Hole punch around the edges of ONE flower only.
- Kids can use Wikki Stix to string the flower craft. Begin by threading Wikki Stix through one of the punched-out holes and into another hole. There is no wrong or right way to create string art with Wikki Stix. After threading the holes with Wikki Stix, simply press the ends behind the flower craft (no-glue or tying is necessary as Wikki Stix is tacky and will adhere to the backside of the flower craft).
- When all the holes in the flower craft are strung with Wikki Stix, turn the craft over and press the second cut-out flower to the backside (this will hide the assortment of Wikki Stix ends on the backside of the craft).
- Kids can create the flower’s center by making a Wikki Stix pinwheel shape (wrap Wikki Stix around itself starting at one end to make a tight spiral). Press the pinwheel firmly onto the center of the flower craft.
- When finished with the flower portion of the craft, kids can use Wikki Stix to create a stem and leaves.
The flower crafts are fun make-and-take crafts for camps or inside crafting days at home. Your kids will love creating their own special string art flower crafts with Wikki Stix!
For more ways to encourage creativity with Wikki Stix, please visit: