Kids love the fantasy of the legendary unicorn. The gentle creature with the infamous horn has been a source of delight for kids of all ages. Come create a special Wikki Stix unicorn puppet craft that encourages fine motor skills while kids create and play.
Fine Motor Unicorn Puppet Craft for Kids to Create!
- One Free Unicorn Template (print here)
- Assorted Colors of WIkki Stix
- 1 Craft Stick per Unicorn Puppet Craft
- Print the unicorn template to heavy paper, laminate or cover the template with clear contact paper, and then cut out the unicorn shape.
- Set out assorted colors of Wikki Stix and scissors.
- Invite kids to use any colors desired to decorate the template and design their unicorn. To make the unicorn’s horn magical, twist two or three strands of Wikki Stix together before pressing to the template. The textures and colors of Wikki Stix create special spiraled effects for the craft.
- When kids are finished designing the unicorn, invite them to wrap the craft stick in assorted colors of Wikki Stix. When covered with Wikki Stix, the craft stick can be firmly pressed behind the unicorn craft to create a puppet for imaginary play.
Suggested ways to play with the Wikki Stix Unicorn Puppet Craft:
- Invite friends over for a unicorn crafting day. The Wikki Stix unicorn puppet crafts are fun to make for birthdays, overnights, or special celebrations. Make unicorn popcorn for a special celebration treat before creating the Wikki Stix unicorn puppet crafts:
- 4 cups of plain popcorn (any kind)
- 4 squares of melted vanilla candy coating (pour over popcorn, stir, and pour onto parchment paper to set).
- Multi-colored Sprinkles (add to popcorn mixture before the candy coating dries).
- Eat and enjoy as a special treat for your unicorn celebration.
- Read your favorite unicorn book(s) and make the Wikki Stix unicorn puppet crafts for pretend play to extend the stories.
- Pinkalicious: School Rules by Victoria Kann (an I Can Read Series Level 1 Book)
- Uni the Unicorn by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
- Not Quite Narwhal by Jessica Sima
- Unicorn on a Roll (Phoebe and her Unicorn Series Book 2) by Dana Simpson
- Watch your favorite unicorn movie as a family and invite kids to a unicorn crafting session when the movie ends.
- The Last Unicorn (2008, G rating)
- Barbie of Swan Lake (2014, CC)
- My Little Pony Crystal Princess: The Runaway Rainbow (G rating)
- Nico the Unicorn (1998, Unrated)
- Make special “unicorn drinks” and create the Wikki Stix unicorn puppet crafts for a magical kids’ day when school is out or on holiday breaks. For a simple unicorn drink recipe:
- One cup of frozen strawberries
- One tsp. of honey (or another sweetener)
- One cup of any kind of yogurt or ice cream
- Blend all ingredients until smooth, top with multi-colored sprinkles, and enjoy.
With Wikki Stix, creating, playing, and celebrating is FUN for kids. Try the unicorn puppet crafts for your next party, special day, or celebration with kids!
For more ways to encourage fine motor play and celebrate with Wikki Stix, please visit: