During the fall, kids delight in the beautiful colors of the season and the bounties of a fruitful harvest. Even if you live in an area where the leaves don’t change colors, the vibrant Wikki Stix colors will bring the season alive with 3D Fall and Apple Tree Crafts kids can make right at home.
Apple Tree Materials:
- Any Color of Heavyweight Mounting Paper (thick construction paper or scrapbooking paper)
- Brown, Green, and Red Wikki Stix
- Kids can use 5-6 Wikki Stix to create the trunk of the tree – no need to separate the individual Wikki Stix, just lay them on the mounting paper and press firmly.
- Kids can create branches for the apple tree with brown Wikki Stix (the branches won’t show underneath the created leaves, but it will serve as a guide when applying the leaves) – see photo below. Use the scissors to cut brown Wikki Stix in half to create branches on top of the tree trunk.
- All the leaves on the apple tree are a simple circle made from 5-6 Wikki Stix at a time. Kids should form a circle with 5-6 Wikki Stix, and then press the ends firmly together. The more leaves the kids make, the fuller the apple tree will be. Kids can then add the created leaves to the tree with just fingertip pressure.
- The apples on the trees are made with 5-6 rolled Wikki Stix. Lay 5-6 Wikki Stix flat on a table and roll from one end to the other.
Fall Tree Materials:
- Any Color of Heavyweight Mounting Paper
- Fall Leaf Colors of Wikki Stix
- Make the tree trunk with brown Wikki Stix (per directions in the Apple Tree above).
- Kids should make their circle “leaves” (per directions above) from assorted fall colors of Wikki Stix.
- Hint: if kids pull the strands of Wikki Stix slightly apart (fan them out), it helps fill in the fall tree craft.
The Wikki Stix 3D Fall and Apple Tree Crafts for kids make awesome displays. The Wikki Stix colors are vibrant and the crafts really are beautiful ones when finished. We hope your own kids enjoy creating this fall with Wikki Stix.