Near the end of summer, our own kids always find colorful butterflies outside. With school just starting for many families, the Wikki Stix butterfly crafts are an easy after-school craft to help kids unwind and have fun while creating. Each butterfly craft will be displayed proudly as kids create their own colorful butterfly wing patterns with Wikki Stix.
- Craft Sticks or Popsicle Sticks (2 per butterfly craft)
- Assorted colors of Wikki Stix
- Set out the crafts sticks and Wikki Stix as an invitation for kids to create the butterfly crafts.
- Kids should choose what colors of Wikki Stix and butterfly wing patterns they wish to create.
- Both of the craft sticks should be wrapped entirely with the chosen colors of Wikki Stix. Note: remind kids to wrap the Wikki Stix close together as they go around the craft stick. When they come to the end of a Wikki Stix, just press the Wikki Stix end to the craft stick and start with a new one.
- When finished wrapping both of the craft sticks with Wikki Stix, press the 2 craft sticks firmly together in the center to create an X (see photo). Turn the X horizontally to resemble the butterfly’s wings.
- The butterfly’s body is created with 2 or 3 Wikki Stix twisted together. Fold the twisted strands in half and firmly press the body to the center of the butterfly craft.
- Kids can create eyes, a mouth, or antennae from cut pieces of Wikki Stix. Wikki Stix is tacky and the butterfly features with adhere to the craft without the need for tape or glue.
- If desired, a hanger for the butterfly craft can be created with an additional Wikki Stix. Fold one Wikki Stix in half (leaving a loop at the top). Press the Wikki Stix hanger firmly behind the butterfly craft. The colorful butterfly crafts make beautiful displays in a window or a kid’s bedroom.
Creating the colorful butterfly craft is a breeze with Wikki Stix. With Wikki Stix, kids can relax after-school and create fun projects they will want to display. For more amazing butterfly crafts to create with Wikki Stix this school year, please visit: