Earth Day presents a perfect time to create crafts with Wikki Stix. Wikki Stix can be saved and re-used time and time again for crafts that not only make great seasonal displays, but also encourage hand and finger strength while kids create. Gather your own Wikki Stix, for Earth Day fine motor crafts your kids will love.
Earth Day Fine Motor Crafts for Kids!
- Blue and Green Wikki Stix
Materials for the Earth Day extension activity:
- Blue and Green Crayons
- Parchment Paper
Invite kids to create special Earth Day Fine Motor Crafts by assembling supplies and setting them out on a table or on a large tray.
- Give each child two pieces of parchment paper (approximately 9 X 9 in size)
- Kids can make a circle outline on one sheet of parchment paper with the blue or green Wikki Stix.
- Inside the circle outline, have the kids create landforms with green Wikki Stix.
- Fill in the remaining white spots on the craft with blue Wikki Stix to represent the water. Note: kids of various ages can create with Wikki Stix. Each earth creation will be unique to the individual abilities and ages of the children making the craft (see photos for example).
- Kids can then lift their Earth Day craft from the parchment paper and make a Wikki Stix hanger (loop) for the back of the craft to display.
Extension Activity:After the children are finished creating their Wikki Stix craft, have them lay the second sheet of parchment paper directly on top of the craft. Using blue and green crayons, gently rub over the top of the craft. Wikki Stix makes fun homemade rubbing plate for kids. Kids think it’s almost magical when the earth appears on the parchment paper.
Encouraging kids to create and have FUN is easy with Wikki Stix. The Earth Day fine motor crafts are a great activity to get kids playing and crafting while also encouraging fine motor skills along the way.
For more fine motor activities with Wikki Stix, please visit: